Registering with Synergistech.
By registering as a candidate with Synergistech, you gain access to our emailed job postings and we get the information we need to contact you directly with opportunities that match your specifications and may prove enticing.
(If you'd prefer not to register with us yet, that's okay — just go straight to our listings.)
To help us help you, we require the following:
- A home (or 'non-work') email address. For pragmatic and political reasons, Synergistech insists on this. If you provide a corporate (employer- or client-maintained/monitored) email address, we may conclude that a) you can't follow instructions, b) you're trying to get us in trouble, c) it's safe to ignore your request. Yes, we take this seriously. For further proof, see our client guarantee and the Non-Solicitation clause of our candidate agreement.
- A current resume in MS Word format. Please avoid sending us Acrobat, FrameMaker, HTML, XML, or ASCII files. Not only do many hiring managers prefer Word format, but when we present your resume we must replace your contact information with ours. Doing this in Word is much easier for us and helps us help you faster. (By the way, we have lots of advice on how to create effective resumes.)
- The names and contact information of at least two current professional references. We promise not to contact these people without your explicit permission, and won't fault you for withholding this information until you've seen how Synergistech can help you. However, we do require it before disclosing the name of our client or forwarding your resume to the hiring manager.
- A clue about what you'd like to do — specifically:
- staff or contract work, if you have a preference
- where you're willing to perform onsite work and how much onsite work you are willing to do
- which kinds of deliverables you want to create
- the audiences for which you want to create those deliverables
- when you're available to interview
- whether you're looking for full-time (40 hours/week) or part-time work
- what you want to earn (and, if you're a contractor, whether you want that amount on a 1099 or W2 basis)
- whether you have a preference for startups or 'stable' companies
- anything else you'd like us to know
Employment Opportunity Mailing List Subscriptions.
Synergistech distributes detailed employment listings on request, by email, to jobseekers who have 'opted in' using these links and whose resumes prove they are Technical Communicators.
Due to their detail, Synergistech takes a risk by broadcasting these listings and making them available on our site (see Looking?). Instead of introducing security hurdles and making you to read through a long and inscrutable EULA (End User License Agreement)
before letting you subscribe to Synergistech's lists, we're doing something novel. We're trusting you. Here are our conditions — briefly and in plain English.
Subscribers to any Synergistech mailing list:
- confirm that they are themselves potential candidates for the opportunities described in Synergistech's postings
- agree that they will not use the information so distributed to compete with Synergistech or its candidates
- commit to unsubscribe immediately if they join or become affiliated with a business that competes with Synergistech or its candidates
- promise not to share postings' content with other mailing lists without Synergistech's written permission and recognize that such permission, if granted, applies only to the unique employment opportunity discussed
- understand that they may forward Synergistech's employment listings to individual candidates they know to be qualified (and profit from Synergistech's Referral Incentives by pre-informing Synergistech of these candidates' names and contact information)
In a nutshell, we seek to avoid sharing our listings with recruiters, human resources/staffing professionals, or competition-minded third parties — that's one reason we ask for your references — so please heed this polite request to unsubscribe immediately from our lists if you intend to represent any but your own candidacy or to share our postings with the aforementioned parties.
There are currently two mailing lists to which you may subscribe:
- Contract (1099, W2, and corp-to-corp) technical communications opportunities
- Staff (also known as permanent, direct hire, FTE/full-time employee, salaried, or "captive") technical communications opportunities
Subscribing to Synergistech's Employment Opportunity Lists.
To provide us with the information we need (detailed here), add or remove yourself from our lists using the following links. You'll find the questions we need answered already in the body of the email note; please respond in-line and provide as much detail as possible.
Note: if the above links don't work, generating (for example) an error suggesting you install an email client, Synergistech apologizes and recommends that you remedy the problem by using any version of Internet Explorer (even if you don't regularly use that browser) and selecting
Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab, then selecting the best of your options from the
'E-mail' dropdown. Click apply, then retry the links on this page.
Occasionally Synergistech may distribute non- or minimally commercial announcements to both lists. The intention of these notices is always to educate rather than sell. The subject lines of such postings will begin with "ADV" if their content contains any form of solicitation. If you object to these (rare) messages, let us know and we'll help you unsubscribe.